Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My few notes about feature animation

This saturday I was in the cinema on "Open Season". It was really funny. Especially polish dialogs were amazing because they were related to polish internal politics which is like a big comedy anyway. Animation was really great. Not that cartoony like Madagascar, but it had it's own nice style. Acting was amazing, few characters were just brilliant. But there is something off about the story. I mean, it is once again the story about animals, story full of gags. Which is fine, but there is definitelly the patern, kind of template for almost every feature animation. I had the feeling that I was watching Shrek at some point. Mostly because the characters were so similar to Shrek and Donkey, or two main characters from Ice Age. The same contrast everywhere, big guy-small guy, strong guy-weak guy. Don't get me wrong, I really had the great time in the cinema watching that movie, I think it is one of the best feature animations, but still it is nothing ORIGINAL in terms of story. Designs are fantastic, animation is very strong, maybe except the lady in that big green trousers (I forgot her name), she was stiff and kind of dead in most of the shots. Can't wait to see the movie which will change the feature animation into something new and fresh. I think there is no more room for the movies about animals. This year there were more then plenty of them.

1 Comments:

  • Good day! 

    How do you change the size of your monitor?

    Wow, I've found the same to be true too!  Where did you get that at?  

    Bye, - MyGirl! 


    [color=#6699cc][url=http://paid-surveys-online-reviewjiekmkbu.blogspot.com]how I make money with paid surveys[/url][/color]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


frontpage hit counter
Comcast Cable Internet