Friday, September 21, 2007

What's next.

Wow, this was a great time on working on my story. Now it's time for the BIG TIME. Next class is going to be damn hard. Real production schedule. I have 22 shots, short is going to be around 70 seconds long with the potential of being even longer. I just prepared entire schedule for class 6. I have 3 months - 12 weeks to complete my short. I was thinking about taking class6 twice, but Robert Barros gave me advice to push myself as much as I can, set tight deadlines. So from my calculations it seems that I will have around 4 days for each shot, for some shots maybe day less, for some shots maybe day longer. I have never been working that fast, but if I will make it, learn to work that fast, I shouldn't have problems to work in a professional studio. I am pretty sure I will have to work 10-12 hours a day, and I mean 12 real production hours without any slacking, talking on skype etc. It is kinda overwhelming when I think about it now. But I should be prepared. I do my planning, analyze video ref, do some research of the baby movements etc. I truly believe in my story. Big note to myself is to public my work on a daily basis, so if you are interested in seeing the progress of my short you will have a chance to see every single step I will make on my blog. I saw few of the shorts that people did in class6. It is amazing how much progress people did. And it is amazing how hard people really work in AM. My computer science studies were piece of cake in comparison to AM. I hope that once I will drink the beer on the graduation party I will be proud that I did something solid, something that is truly mine, and hopefully, something that will be really entertaining to other people as well. I have big request to all the people who visits my blog. Please give me feedback on my shots once I will post them here, on my blog. Animation is not a single person effort even if we do short film all alone. The more pairs of eyes, the better. You never see everything, unless you are one of the nine old men hehehe :). Wish me luck next term, I will need it a little. But on the other hand, it's all about how much of the heart you can put in your work.

I believe I can put a lot.

2 Comments:

  • Hey Maciek! With that much passion and determination, I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off. Glad to hear you're going to be pushing yourself to get it done in the 3 months. Others at AM have done it! So keep up that passion, that determination, and I'm sure you'll do it great!! Enjoy the week break!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:22 PM  

  • Thanks for your kind words Alexiss. I really appreciate that. By the way, are you going to be on the graduation party in January? I bet you will, for some reason you always have tickets for the parties other people can't access LOL.....Disney Party?...how did you get the invitation?..:))))))...hehehe. Hehe, it was great to meet you in San Diego. Enjoy the break as well and have great time in the next class, it's only one week from now :).

    Maciek

    By Blogger Maciek Gliwa, at 12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


frontpage hit counter
Comcast Cable Internet