Thursday, January 29, 2009

Walkcycle - Flipbook


Ok, so here is my walkcycle test I did in Flipbook for next assignment from Jason's course. It's just a walkcycle but I had a huge A-HA moment once I get the idea what the thirds are all about and how the constant speed works in inbetweens...funny, I have the feeling that for the first time in my life I finally started to REALLY understand inbetween charts. Now it's time to animate Stewie in Maya, without opening GE that is ;). It's so much more fun to work this way, woo-hoo!

2 Comments:

  • Hey hey!

    Since I've recently found your blog (Shame on me!), I'm checking some previous posts and I have to say that I'm having a blast doing so.

    I've been doing Jason's course as well and it's funny to see that we both have had that A-HA moment with the thirds.

    Your last comment about not using the GE remembers me to that Gathering in London where we were talking about creating more poses and not rely that much on the curves. To me that makes more sense and gives me more REAL control over the animation.

    I have been asked a lot of times if I'm not wasting my time creating more poses but to be honest, I prefer spending that time doing that, than struggling trying to make the abstract curves to do what I want them to do.

    I'm not saying that I never use the GE. Instead, I'm saying that I will use it just to do really small parts of my animation or in betweens. And even in those cases, I may end up adding more poses for fine tuning (Or tweaking the handles)

    Great posts Maciek!
    Keep them coming!

    By Blogger David Martinez, at 3:35 AM  

  • hahaha,
    great minds think alike David ;).

    By Blogger Maciek Gliwa, at 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


frontpage hit counter
Comcast Cable Internet