Sunday, September 23, 2007

Video reference.

hey guys. So as I said I have been collecting video reference for my short film. Hahaha, I must say that few ideas were really bad. First of all, I thought I would be able to record myself for few shots with the baby, actually I did for the very last shots when baby is going to behave a little bit like adult person. For all other shots my performance simply sucks. There is no way to pretend a baby once I am almost two meters height, there is just NO WAY. So I decided to cruise the youTube a little bit. Thank you God for youTube! I found few clips that I am going to use and I realised that baby can't do few things. For example, it can't just spit like a normal person. But I found a clip that it does something different that will be perfect for my shot nr16. Like a completely different performance that I wouldn't even think of if I wouldn't see it. So one big advice for all the people who are going to start class5. If you will have the rought idea for your short film, cruise the youTube, find something familiar to the subject, you never know what you will find. Great source of inspiration! I should do that much much earlier. Anyway, I have vid ref for most of my shots. Overall, it is around 1:20 of vid ref motion data. This is bad, much more than the 60 seconds limit, but I always end up with shorter blocking than actual video reference so I hope in the end I will have something shorter. I am still not sure how I am going to animate baby in the shots where we can see both characters and audience's attention is focused on dad. Held pose is not really going to work I guess, baby tend to move here and there all the time. Will have to solve that somehow. I have three days before I will go to London for few days, so I will use all that time for analyzing reference. I am going to see Framestore, MPC, Double Negative, Uli Meyer's studio and the best thing is that I will meet many fantastic people.
I am starting to feel the pressure related to the production of the short, every single time I look at the schedule it makes me think how I am going to all that in the short amount of time. I can already see that without video reference and really solid planning, knowing what exactly you have to do in maya, there really is no way o finish this kind of project. Respect to everybody who did finish any kind of shortfilm!

Maciek

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


frontpage hit counter
Comcast Cable Internet